Tuesday, January 23, 2007

New Color, New Year

This year I will continue with green themes in the costumes. I did get a bit burnt on the black silk I used for some Widows Weeds. Hopefully Sally will have those pictures soon.

I am just so sick of black at this point.....
What, Janet sick of black? Well, I think I need a break from it. The color that I want to work with again this spring is green. Yea, how original is that? I have plans for some embroidered taffeta I got for holidays last year. I have some ideas about doing a new Victorian of the bustle era. I finished the mourning dress using the LM patterns for skirt and bodice. Drove myself insane trying to sew at every possible momment with the daylight to finish the main body of this costume. I realised I had to get it done, no trim or fancy things, just done. I was blocking on finding trim locally, and did not find any on my last trip. So, hopefully with the next Mourning Event being in October, I will have time to buy trim in the off season.

But Why Green?
It's alive? Well, kinda. The main reason being that greens are what I am finding locally in suitable weights to sew.I have re-watched some dramas like Deronda and The Way We Live Now and would like to try something from this era, however, I don't want to have to make the monster bustle so I am weighing me choices. Make a smaller bustle, lobster tail, or buy one. I can't really afford that so I may attempt one of the smaller ones.

Another Green Project
So, a Little Women event is planned for spring. I have the perfect little spring green check I found locally. It is supper soft and I am sure that the only thing to keep me from falling asleep in it is the corset! Hmmm...

No comments: