Monday, May 05, 2008

Back to That Challenge- The Costuming in This Tough Economy Challenge

After getting through the post CC26 unpacking and cleanup, I finally got back to plotting costumes and digging into my existing fabric stashes. That's right, it's time to get this challenge in high gear. In the process, I found about 90% of what I need to do a 1750's Jacket and skirts, including lining. So, all I need is thread and closures stuff I think.

The other ongoing project: Get corsets ready for all of my projects. I have had to bite the bullet and just start working on getting some newer corsets made up to fit. After I was soooo upset at CC26 with my evening bodice and not being able to dress myself the way I wanted, I am going to get a better corset and see if I can get the bodice to work a bit better. Running around with the front mid section not quite what I wanted, made me just plain mad. Relying on older corsets that really didn't work for me just frustrated the blank out of me. So, I have started an adventure in the Truly Victorian 1880's Corset pattern and I am currently working on the lacing panel. I am actually using some of the dull black grommets I sell and so far the effect is great. Only problem is I really need to work on it when the sun is out, the lighting alone doesn't show enough and my eyes are just getting way too old.....

Pictures! I have pictures to get up from CC26 and hope to do that by the weekend. Sooo, much to doooo

No comments: