Monday, May 12, 2008

Black Corset 1880's lining

1880's Corset Black

Yeah, I hate making corsets. I have had to re think the whole thing because it's time for new ones. I need one in beige and darker for reenactments.
One of the stash projects this weekend actually got started, despite my migraine and having to be at a wedding! I had started the fronts and backs of the corset pieces(grommeting being so exciting you know. I got the busk inserted and I must say that after taking the class last year, it's a lot less intimidating making these parts and now I feel better having a way to do a test run on fit with the linings before cutting into second level fabric. The Pattern is Truly Victorian's 1880's Corset pattern. I have made the Laughing Moon One and yes, the new white corset I have to make, because of expanding, will probably be that one again. But I do need to check the other patterns I sell...another expanding list I couldn't possibly finish in this life time. I hope to have pictures tonight or tomorrow of the lining attachment to the pieces if I can get the other back piece grommets in place.

The 1770's Stripe Jacket

Started this one up too. I feel like I really got somewhere with getting this started, and only a couple of weeks after CC26. I am using the Tailor's Guide Pattern for the Two jackets. I must admit, the directions are pretty darn good, and make sense so far. Great! I try to get to each pattern line and try some out to see how well this goes. The fabric is a red, indigo and black striped homespun type cloth. I think I may have enough to make the jacket, skirt, and another bodice for it, and if I make it inter-changable with other skirts I can make..like the quilted one I would really like to do for interchanging. So, I have started the lining in another stash piece of fabric that actually went quite well with the color choice. I think I need a better thread color for the parts that will be showing. I now need to get some pictures for this blog and to share in the group.

No comments: