Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Costumer Who Lived

Feeling blitzed by the last death throws of the dealer's room, I am alive today and functioning. I am still mad about my 1870's evening bodice, but yeah, I was sewing up to the last minute.

Saturday Night
It isn't easy selling and trying to cram into a bodice that well, the front would gap a bit because I couldn't get the corset on by myself that it was designed to go with. So, my new project: black corset that fits me now, with opening front. After swearing on saturday that I didn't want to touch a sewing machine for two weeks, which is still true. But I am determined to get into it! The skirt and train actually did well, even if I was sewing the dust ruffle until the end. I think I may also make a green polonaise that could be worn over it as an option.

Then there is my challenge, to boldly costume with fabric one already has!

Oh, soon as I can edit all the pictures I took, I will get some up here and on my flickr account.

1 comment:

TwilaTee said...

Hello,

I love costuming too! I'd love to see the things that you are working on...
Do you have a Live Journal account too? or are you only on blogger...

This is my wesite:
www.twilataylor.com

and my livejournal:
http://twilatee.livejournal.com

If you would like to discuss costuming and all it's failings... I'm loving your "costuming challange" by the way... I'm trying my best to adhere to it.

Twila