Monday, April 07, 2008

Two Weeks Count Down to CC26-The Grey Taffeta Bodice

Whew, just got the fashion fabric and interlining sewn together and pinned up on me this am. Really tired. The bodice will need much finishing work over the next week. I really have to get the lining with the boning figured out by the end of the week.

Bodice Problems
Of course I knew that working with synthetics was going to be a twisty affair. Having underskirt, apron and the bodice of snot fabric doesn't help. I know I have to put anchoring hook and eyes and snaps maybe to get the items to all stay put, but it all seems soooo much to do. ack. I am hoping to get most of them done.

Skirt
The train is a bit top heavy with the ruffles and I still have some more stuff to do on that. I have to get a lining kick done in back in satin so it will glide on carpet....we hope. I will still have to get someone to help with a running start on it I guess to make an entrance, but there will be so many other people with trains and such, how to navigate. Hmmmm, I suppose I could get really anal and look at the floor plans of the hotel and plan things that way.

Apron
Kinda happy the way it's turned out. But thinking even with the ties underneath, may not anchor it enough. Slip and slide. I will just have to congregate for the bustle poof adjustment committee and perhaps have a meeting time. If we all get each other in a row, perhaps we could get the skirts going right.

No comments: