Thursday, September 02, 2004

I started this costume why?

Okay, so after days of battle with the bodice that a Jedi Knoght would be proud of, I have finally decided to work on the skirting bits. Have I explained how much I hate piping? Even with the new piping foot, it is a daunting task. I think I will use the quilters glue tape I got for another project to help make the piping stay basted on while battling the piping foot. I always seem to get slipage problems. So I will spend a good amount of time preping the pieces and hoping for the best.

Ears!

In a few weeks I will be at a workshop for ear making so I can have the pointy things. I know, it will be a headache trying to learn how to work with them. Then trying to actually put them on for the con will be very strange. I wonder if L'Oreal true match system with work for them, you know with the blending. Well, then there is the costume designing for one of the LOTR background characters I wanted to make. I will have to try to find a fabric that comes close to being the right color even...sigh.

No comments: