Tuesday, September 14, 2004

And Yes, I Still Hate Bodices

Whew, this last three weeks has been murder trying to get time to be creative, all the student teaching has been draining me. I have slowly gotten my bodice to just about the next phase. Then I found out the dies for the grometer won't be available until first week of October. This is really making my costume drag out until the bitter end. I hope to do the length on the skirt tonight if I can get Vaughn to help with a fitting, I guess I can do the tedious work on heming and then some of the other adjustments. Last night I started putting small faux pearls on the fore part. I have to do it in a way so that it is reversable, so it's of course going to take longer. The comes the trim placement. I have been agonising over this for quite a while now. I have trim I want to use, and I know it's really cool looking stuff, but I still think it could be overblown. What, Elizabethan over blown...yee jest surely.

Vaughn's doublet is starting to take shape. I got the lining done but the outter fabric is so thick that I will have to have him do the deed. I love the color of burgundy, and it has a cool brocade on it. But still, it twill be stiffling possibly.


No comments: