Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I Must Have New Computer Sewing Machine

After months of allowing myself to think of a new machine(of course many of the hindrances of $ aside) I have put down a deposit on a Husky Star. I realized that it was time, I will not completely desert my Phaff faithful, it still does many layers of fabric at once. But it is time.

I think that my first project after testing out the bells and whistles, will be the lovely green Victorian I have been dreaming about. I have many yards of taffeta with embroidered bits all over that I have been afraid of trying for two years now. It must come out of the bin of storage and finally get made!! Now to decide which patterns to use for this wonderful project.

Practice....
I am thinking I may make another Polonaise but pick some fabric that is not so spendy and start with that, get used to the pattern I choose. I do like to test run and heh, if it's wearable, take it for a spin.

No comments: