Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Wet Weather and Fantasy Costumes

So, the long and miserable days of winter are still happening, despite the strange early spring we are having. Daffadils in January? yes in my yard they are. But hey, we had a bearded iris come up at xmas.


So, after my tragic leaving of really awful teaching program I now have some of my creativity coming back at me, with me, and around me. I have actually begun a fantasy costume! It's been a while, and I must confess I have been drooling over bodices in Bleak House(PBS). But, since I had fabric from a gift certificate last year that was drooling over taffeta with embroidery, I am working on one of the Ren patterns from Making History, McCalls I think. Anyway, it's a pure fantasy piece with gold trim. You know, trim is amazing at deptracting from body flaws if done correctly.

I am actually very happy about sewing with this pattern so far. I have a cotton poly blend with gold print chemise and I have the loverly purple orange shot taffeta. I may have enough left over for a Victorian bustle, hmmm.

Hope to have some pictures soon.

No comments: