Thursday, March 15, 2007

It Seams a Mountain...Small Spaces Big Style

I have been recovering from selling at Costume Academy in Berkeley this past weekend and feel the need to be creative for me. How do I get this going?

Well, I have started spring cleaning early. After handling all my supplies this last week, I realised I had soooo much wasted space. I have room I have never had before to be creative, yet I find I work all over the place in that room. Sometimes it's a great creative feeling, but others I feel that I am blocked by not really having the flow through I would like to have. So this last trip, we got some things I hope to use for organizing and as they say on all the clean it up , neat nick cable shows, release myself from fabric prison!

I have to share with you some of my viewing pleasures in this area. I have watched some shows in the past, like Clean Sweep, and it is encouraging to see that there are other people more cluttered than I am get better with organizing. Of course, I don't have a behind the scenes crew to help...you know those minions of cleanliness. And the show Neat has inspired me a few times, but still seems unrealistic.

So the one show I found that has really got me to think creatively about organizing, is Small Spaces, Big Style. Seeing what people can do with a house that is half our size, or even a dorm room makes me think, I have so much more space than that, I have no excuses.

So my spring cleaning has begun, and rearranging my sewing and stock space is the priority this week. I have to have the space to create!

So, PHASE I
Create better storage for back stock of patterns
I have got another double filing cabinet and I will be setting the two up as a desk/shipping area.
Create better sewing area.

I have begun both of these and it is really a matter of getting some things better utilized. By swapping out the current space I use for shipping, a closet, I can store so many things in there and not have outside clutter. This frees up some movement room in the space.

No comments: